Monday, April 5, 2010

I have felt the swaying of the elephant's shoulders

I dreamt of an elephant standing before a small pool. There was a line of elephants, adolescent-sized, all standing in front of pools, and people would square off before them for some kind of hand-to-hand combat. It was my turn, and I said to the people around me, "I would rather hurt a human than an animal," and then something about animals' consciousness being pure. I walked up to the elephant and gently extended my face to his, offering soft sounds and words. He came closer and our energy simply melted.

Then the elephant stood up on its hind legs and rested its front feet on my shoulders, like a puppy.

The day after the dream I saw this post on The Lipstick Diaries and felt inspired to find myself an elephant necklace. Of course I went straight to etsy, and after a fair bit of contemplating, decided on this cute little guy.


The colors of the Dark One have penetrated Mira's
    body; all the other colors washed out.
Making love with the Dark One and eating little,
    those are my pearls and my carnelians.
Meditation beads and the forehead streak, those are
    my scarves and my rings.
That's enough feminine wiles for me. My teacher
    taught me this.
Approve me or disapprove me: I praise the Mountain
    Energy night and day.
I take the path that ecstatic human beings have taken
    for centuries.
I don't steal money, I don't hit anyone. What will you
    charge me with?
I have felt the swaying of the elephant's shoulders;
    and now you want me to climb on a jackass? Try
    to be serious.
                               - Mirabai

No comments:

Post a Comment